Will he? Won’t he? Ahh, the sad sighs of unrequited love could power an entire wind farm and we could all get free electricity!
Seriously, if you are wondering “Will he come back when he’s ready for a relationship” – you are far from alone. Sadly, the answer may not be what you are hoping for!
Let’s look into the answers to this question, and the things you can do depending on which way the verdict swings…
What You'll Learn Today
Will He Come back When He’s Ready For A Relationship?
“It’s not you, it’s me!” “I just need some time to focus on myself…” “I’m not ready for a big commitment yet.”
If you have heard these phrases from the one you are sure is The One, you will be desperate to know if you are ever going to get your fairytale happy ending.
While we can’t predict the future, we can at least give you a few hints and tips to help you on your way to understanding this behavior.
- He may say he’s not ready for a relationship because he really, truly isn’t. People who value their independence may feel that their wings will be clipped in a relationship.
If this is the case then there really is nothing you can do, beyond showing him that he will still be a free person even when you’re together.
- He may have lost trust in you. If something has happened in your getting together, such as cheating or an unexpected argument, this may make him feel that he doesn’t want to invest in your relationship.
All you can do in this scenario is reassure, offer assurances that he will be safe and loved, and that you are as committed to the relationship as he will be.
- It may actually be you, not him. He may be telling you he doesn’t want a relationship because he’s just not that into you.
Don’t take this as a reflection of you yourself; some people are just not cut out to be together. If this is the case then cut all ties and walk away with your head held high.
What Are The Signs He Will Come Back?
You may have had a relationship end, been distraught and spent months sobbing into your pillow, wishing he would just U-turn and come back.
Instead of wasting time mooning about and wondering if he’ll come back, let’s look at the signs that show he might:
- He tries to get in touch. You may have deleted his number and erased all traces of him from your social media accounts, but somehow he still manages to find a way to say hi.
- He checks up on you. Not in a stalkery way, but the odd friendly text asking how your day was can be a sign that he is thinking of you affectionately.
- He reminisces. Remembering your shared past can be a sign that he is remembering your time together fondly, and perhaps hoping for Round Two.
- He isn’t dating. It may be that he’s just going through a dry spell, but a refusal to find someone else could be a sign that he knows he won’t find anyone better than you!
Is It True If You Let Someone Go They Will Come Back?
Ok, this is a bit of a myth – they don’t always come back if you let them go, despite how much you love them!
But, the phrase “If you love something, let it go” is a valid phrase and one which is accurate.
If you truly love them, and if leaving is what they truly want, who are you to stop them?
They may not necessarily come back, but they will thank you forever for making their parting easy and painless.
On the other hand, some people just need a chance to get away for a bit to realize what they might be missing out on.
If you let them go with good grace, chances are they may well come back once they have figured out what they really want.
But, if you don’t give them a chance to figure out what they really want, they may end up becoming resentful and miserable – certainly not what anyone wants from their relationship.
What Do You Do When A Guy Says He Doesn’t Want A Relationship?
There are many reasons why a guy might say he doesn’t want a relationship. But what do you do when he doesn’t, but you do?
- Understand. When he drops this bombshell, simply tell him that you understand, then wait. He will then, 9 times out of 10, explain his reasons so that you can understand better.
- Support him. If his reasons for not wanting a relationship are because of past trauma, you can help him work through this by showing him that you are different.
- Don’t agree to casual sex. If he says he doesn’t want a relationship but is happy to keep on sleeping with you, he’s getting the best of both worlds and you are getting, well, not enough.
- Accept it, and move on. If he really doesn’t want to be in a relationship with you, you are wasting your time if you try to force him to. You’re better than that!
Let’s face it, everyone wants to be in a relationship with someone who is head over heels in love with them.
If your chosen squeeze is not playing ball, the best thing you can do is walk away with your head held high, and get on with your own life. We promise you won’t regret it.
It can feel like the end of everything, when he says he’s not ready for a relationship… But, it doesn’t have to be this way.
We’re not saying you have to turn into a scary stalker, but as you can see, there may be hope if you just allow him a little space – while carrying on with your own life, of course. You’re too awesome to be waiting around forever!